TALON 25X CUTTING SYSTEM
The Eastman Talon 25x™ is engineered and manufactured in the USA to automatically pull stacked material plies from the spreading table to a modular, bristle-block conveyor bed for reciprocating knife cutting of patterns. Precise system operations with state-of-the-art motion control communications offer an industrial-strength solution for cutting up to 3cm of compressed material goods.
The Talon has been engineered to meet the demands of clients in growing market segments like industrial fabrics and composites industries; customers cutting traditional -as well as- modern technical materials like kevlar, fiberglass, nonwoven polyesters, foam-backed vinyl and other industrial fabrics.
- The Talon™ Tool Head, patent pending
- Quick change knife and sharpening disc
- Reciprocating knife provides precise vertical stroke cutting
- Precision knife control software ensures quality cuts from top to bottom ply
- Cutting up to 1.18 in. (3 cm) of compressed material
- Single coated diamond disc provides the perfect cutting edge. Sharpener can be adjusted to user defined angle.
- High-speed-single or dual pneumatic drills
- Internal crank cooling system reduces heat and wear/tear
- Easy access to knife system and assembly parts simplifies daily maintenance procedures
- Direct drive knife system for fewer moving parts and less wear and tear
- Blade wear monitor
- Control of corners to minimize fuzing
Other Standard Features
- Materials database
- Power consumption reduced through intelligent vacuum controls
- Easy to replace, the bristle blocks used in cutting area
- Washable filters
- Internal silencer
- Six remote emergency stops
- Additional gantry-mounted stop discs pause system operation until returned to neutral and reset. Operation can resume from any position.
- Tool head is equipped with a transparent safety cover
- Single turn-off point with a universal power system for lockout/tagout safeguards employees from unexpected start-up
- Stack light indicator marks operation status